27 August 2009

More Sprouts

Thursday 27th August 2009

On the subject of sprouts, I snapped this photo of my gorgeous little sunflower sprouts this morning. They were planted about 4 days ago so in another 2-3 days they should be about 4 inches high and ready to snip off and eat.

Sprouts are nutritional powerhouses and there’s a huge variety to choose from – mung bean and alfalfa sprouts are the most popular but you can sprout almost any seed. Sunflower sprouts are my favourite. They have a sweet, nutty flavour, not unlike cashew nuts, and a lovely nutty texture too. I throw a big handful into my raw salad dinner most nights with lettuce, rocket, avocado, cucumber, capsicum, olives, a balsamic vinaigrette and sometimes some grated parmesan or fetta and cooked green beans….super healthy AND sooo delicious.

It must be nearly time to pack up work, walk home, do some yoga and eat dinner…

Yes, life is good, and I am most humbly grateful for all the wonderful (and delicious) things I have.

No comments: