24 June 2022

The vast non-dual perspective















My four weeks of ‘holidays’ are almost over and it’s back to work on Monday.
Fortunately my hours are reduced to 3 days a week from next week but it’s a funny situation that I’m in.  With a huge project completed about 6 weeks ago (an application for initial registration and accreditation of an independent higher education institution), there is almost no work for me to do once I return to work.

My boss, the CEO, indicated that I will continue to be paid while the application is being assessed, which can take 9 – 12 months, even though there is little to be done apart from attending a few Board meetings.  In the meantime, he is happy for me to pursue other work opportunities.  Wow, this is a nice position to be in.

So I’ve been cruising around and checking out the job market these past few weeks.  I’ve approached a previous boss (CEO of a Chiropractic College) hoping to convince him that he needs me in a position that hasn’t been created yet (my dream job).  
And I’ve applied for 2 other jobs, though I'm not over excited about either of them.
I’m curious to see what the next couple of months will bring.

And right here, in this very moment of curiosity about the unfolding of this little human life trajectory, is simultaneously the infinitely vast perspective from which the Truth of Existence is seen.

From the 'personal' perspective, I could say that there is a deep trust in the universal process, that it will reveal and present exactly what is needed for this lifetime, but this would be speaking from the perspective of an individual person who is separate from the universe.  
And that’s not what is truly being experienced here.

Instead there is just a quiet flowing with whatever arises, with no need to trust.
What would I be trusting?  What even is the I that would apparently be trusting?
All that seemingly happens in our 'individual lives' or within families, or countries, or planets, or galaxies, does NOT need to have a reason or meaning attributed to it. Reason and meaning are thoughts created and slapped onto life by the illusory ‘person’ who is still bound by limited and conditioned thought patterns.

All that seemingly happens is simply life expressing life through the manifested forms, human and otherwise.  From the contracted sense of self’s point of view, we think we have control over decisions and the direction we move in, but in reality, the sense of an individual person is a complete fabrication.  
How can a phantom control anything?  
Life moves US.  
That is the reality.

And yet, here is a human being, sitting now on a bedroom floor, living out a human life imbued with a past and future thought story, contemplating what work might be around the next corner…. And what to have for dinner.  How stunning!  What a miracle!

Opening to the vast non dual perspective on Life and Truth (translate that as awakening/enlightenment/recognition of true self or whatever) allows a total relaxation into the mystery of all that is happening, seen and unseen.  What was felt as a previously contracted sense of an individual ‘person’ seems to have simply dissolved into the vast flowing mystery that now flows unimpeded as it always has and always will.

No comments: