2 September 2015

Groundbreaking practice


Arrived home at 5pm tonight, put on the heater, had a quick shower, stepped onto the mat.
I had no idea how practice would evolve.

It tuned out to be groundbreaking.

For the first time in many years, I did the entire Ashtanga Vinyasa primary practice by the book, correct breathing, engaged bandhas, correct vinyasas, jump throughs, and every single posture done in correct sequence.

My mind was strangely equanimous, allowing me to flow through each pose in the sequence without my usual internal sabotage, or panic, or holding back, or blanking out, or wimping out.

Determination and sensitivity were perfectly balanced.

Marichyasana D, Supta Kurmasana, the Garbha Pindasana rolls and Chakrasana are poses I haven’t attempted for years. Tonight I did them all, though my lumbar and hips prevented full execution of Marichy D and Supta K. 
I go as far as I can and just hold, breathe, and relax into the blocked areas. Eventually they will give way. 

Bhujapidasana, Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana and full Matsyasana have also been avoided for quite a while.  Tonight I just did them, with no hesitation, as if my body clock had been turned back 10 years.

I am still stunned by this practice and the gentle flow of willpower that kept me steadily on track until the end.

Many energetic openings occurred during the practice.  I feel these as little pops and unblockings - along my spinal cord, up around my sinuses and under the bridge of my nose - all related to the cleansing of chakras and nadis.

I am happy to revel in the delight of tonight’s breakthrough practice, knowing that tomorrow it shall be different again. 


But I feel that something big is shifting... 

No comments: