8 December 2011

Pleasure in the Woods and in special friends

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,


There is a rapture on the lonely shore, 


There is society, where none intrudes, 


By the deep sea, and music in its roar: 


I love not man the less, but Nature more,


From these our interviews, in which I steal


From all I may be, or have been before, 



To mingle with the Universe, and feel

What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.



George Gordon Byron





Thank you to my special friend for this poem. We share a love for nature and for wandering in the wilderness and the poem speaks to us both. I am truly blessed to have a special spiritual friend in this lifetime, someone who has unending patience and compassion, who has stood strongly and silently next to me for many years, and who has cried so many tears, with me and for me, during the turbulent and emotional events of the past 12 months.

Bless you dear friend.


Images: special place and special friend - deep in Parachilna Gorge, Flinders Ranges


No comments: